Temple Sha'arey Shalom Clothing Drive
We will only accepting donations/collections in up to 13 gal white kitchen bags going forward. (mix of target, walmart, other misc retail shopping bags are fine, also - just no large black garbage bags of any size).
List of accepted items:
- Clothes & Shoes: Men's, Women's, Children's, Infant
- Accessories: Belts, Purses, Backpacks, Hats
- Toys: Soft or Hard Toys, below 14 Inches
- Linens: Bedsheets, Blankets, Curtains
- CD's/DVD's: In appropriate cases, no copies, or loose discs
All items donated must be in good, usable condition. The clothing & other items collected are NOT SHREDDED! Please bring your clothing already in bags.
Not Accepted items:
- Books, Board Games, Puzzles, Large Toys (above 14 inches in size)
- Art Supplies
- Furniture, Rugs, Exercise Equipment
- Appliances or Electronics
- Winter Boots, Winter Coats, Single Shoes, Roller Skates, Ice Skates
- Dirty, Damp, Damaged, Tattered items, Rags, Items with Holes or Tears
- Pack and Plays, Car Seats, Strollers, Baby Seats, Loungers
- Miscellaneous Housewares, Decorative Items, Bric-Brac
- Dishes, Glassware, Baking/Cookware, Pots/Pans, Kitchenware of any Kind
What Happens to the Clothes and other Items?
The clothing we collect is sorted and exported to those in need, most to third world counties, such as in Africa. Out clothing collections are not shredded. We encourage patrons to donate items that are in good, usable condition. Most of the items are sent outside of the United States because these second hand items are much needed in other parts of the world, where its residents cannot afford new items, or the cost of these items even at a thrift store retail prices within the United States.
Most of these countries do not have the means to import or produce new clothing at all, so they are very much reliant on usable second hand items from the United States. Sending items to these areas helps supply them with much needed garments that they would not have access to, or be able to afford to purchase otherwise.